On 3 September 2021, an Bord Pleanála granted permission for the proposed pipeline to manage water levels at Lady’s Island Lake. Three documents were posted on the Board’s website: a 69-page Inspector’s Report, a seven-page Board Order and a six-page Board Direction. The approval was subject to six conditions. These are summarised below, full details are available on the Board’s website at https://www.pleanala.ie/en-ie/case/307432.
- The works to be completed in accordance with the plans submitted.
- Compliance with the mitigation measures proposed.
- Production of a Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP).
- Employment of a Project Ecologist by the local authority.
- Definition of the duties and responsibilities of key personnel on site.
- Cleaning and washing of all machinery before delivery to the site.